Thursday, November 25, 2010

Unexpected friendship!





This blog entry is a month too late, nonetheless I am glad to be here.... to talk about life and it's unexpected ways. I still am unsure of how much I am willing to be here out on world wide web- but I guess that is a gamble I must take. This blog is the  home of a beautiful relation- a lotus that bloomed amidst all muck. 


It is funny how life changes- the purple bean bag has become a memorial in the living room.... It is just not the same without my friend. What fun is a beanbag anyway, if you don't have your dear one to snuggle with? Every time I pass across, it reminds me so much of her. She stormed into my life when I was least expecting it and stole my affections without my knowledge. We are such unlikely people to be close friends- she is full of vibrant energy, honest to a fault, attractive and cute with the most charming ways.... She is blunt, she is straightforward but most of all she has such a soft caring heart. I work quite differently- I am laid back and kind of boring with a dry sense of humor.... I love children and elderly- perhaps I get along best with them... I am selectively stubborn and no matter how soft I appear to be- I am quite a tough nut! I am socially challenged in ways more than one, while my friend is quite a professional in that regard. I am mushy and romantic- she is pragmatic and level headed... She rarely gets bored of shopping and I detest shopping with a passion ( unless it is for books and stationary ofcourse ;) ) The ways we are different are countless!!!
And yet, she tip-toed into my life and became one of my closest chum!


When I went through a very trying period, she gave me strength that (most likely) only a girl can give- she told me when I was being stupid and silly, she held my hands and hugged me close when I felt overwhelmed. She just listened when I wanted to talk and spoke to me at length what I needed to hear- not always what I wanted though- and that was the best part!


She is such a strong girl- I am glad to have her in my life.... 


Actually, I can praise her or criticize her anytime..... This blog is about how life brings blessings in our way where we least expect to find it- when everything seems dark, light comes from the crack on the wall instead of the crystal chandelier..... and that is the beauty of life.....


We don't need to find similar people to love- all we need is an open mind and accepting heart. The willingness to accept our faults and short comings and the realization of the fact that we can love and be loved even when we are not perfect.....It is such a relief to know that those who really care and love, will love us even when we mess up....


She is younger to me and yet she gives me very mature analysis of life- the truth is sometimes we are so caught up in the problem that we can't see it clearly... it takes a relatively unbiased person to help us see it objectively....Age is often just a number. I always deal with her like I am elder to her, just as to all those younger around me- nonetheless it remains a truth that wisdom is not strictly a function of age... The more we open up to the possibility that others could know a lot, no matter their age, we will be more equipped to deal with life in all its unpredictability.


I am so thankful for the gift of our unique friendship, I am so thankful for the love we found in each other. Sun wakes her up nearly half a day ahead of me- yet the distance don't separate us..... we are together, forever in our lovely beanbag- untouched by the hands of distance and time; I thank God for that!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment